Do You Need A Vision Board?

    Some of my recent blogs have been very rant heavy. However, today we're going to be on a more productive note! I have always heard about people creating vision boards. I even have always planned to sit down with my friends and create one. This plan has always gotten pushed to the back of my plans. Lack of time from work schedules and lack of time to make a trip to the craft store hasn't helped me not continue my pattern of procrastination. Yesterday, I had some extra time on my hands so I decided to make a digital vision board. I made it on Prezi, which is a site where you can make presentations. It's not too different from PowerPoints or Google Slides, just different layouts. Anyway, I just thought it would be a good time to release some of my thoughts and goals and lay them out before my eyes in a creative way that's therapeutic. In case you don't know what a vision board is or why they are significant, I found some interesting information of them. A vision board is a representation of your inner goals, dreams, inspirations, and motivations. You pretty much create a collage of any images or phrases that provoke your creativity and inspire you.  Vision boards are meant to help you expand on your wants and desires out of life and motivate you to continue your journey to accomplish these things. Vision boards are believed to be more than just an artsy activity.  Vision boards are believed to exercise the skill of visualization and manifestation. Visualization is the practice of focusing in on your goals and imagining in depth when you reach these successes. Some people believe visualization goes hand and hand with affirmations, where you constantly repeat phrases you want to believe will happen to you. People often hear success stories from famous athletes and celebrities that swear by affirmations and visualizations. So many people believe in the law of attraction, but most never apply it to their real life. I'm not much into the law of attraction, but I do believe that the "power of the tongue holds life and death." (Proverbs 18:21) That's pretty much the biblical way of bringing up the law of attraction.  So if what we speak, think, and fill our time with can dictate the future, then it should be common sense to eliminate negativity. It's easier said than done though. Life has a way of crushing us with realism, but try to practice positivity and gratitude in your situation until it can be turned around. My belief  and faith in God keeps me grounded and positive when my circumstances are not optimistic. Try to speak life into your situation and visualize the outcome you want, not the outcome you see in front of you.



Sources: Psychology Today, OprahMag

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What's Wrong With Black Women?

Back 2 School Expenses You Didn’t Think About

Money Monday 💲💲💲