Birthday Battle πŸŽ‚

 I’m tremendously blessed to be celebrating another birthday. I’ve been going through a lot mentally and it’s been hard for me to deal with everything. From all the changes still going on in our world to the demands and commands of parenting, I’ve been pretty exhausted. I wasn’t sure how I wanted to celebrate my birthday at first. I thought maybe I’d do a family and friends dinner then a separate intimate dinner with my husband. However, with the short amount of workers at all the restaurants in my city, I didn’t think that was best. I hate when the quality of service doesn’t match the price of the food. In addition to that, a lot of people have been sick or scared of the newest variant of the virus. I opted for a stay at home celebration instead. My four year old daughter asked to plan a celebration with my husband and give me a day off ( I don’t know how kids come up with these things) We ended up decorating with some basic party supplies and grabbing Chinese food (my personal favorite) I tried the champagne confetti bottle for the first time but I think the kids were more excited about it than me considering I’d have to clean all of it up. My daughter and I made a cookie cake and decorated it together. They sang “Happy Birthday” and we had our fair share of cake and ice cream.  I had a really good time and I appreciated my family’s effort to give me a nice at-home birthday party! Maybe next year the conditions will be better, but if not, it won’t be hard for me to decide what to do instead.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What's Wrong With Black Women?

Back 2 School Expenses You Didn’t Think About

Wavelengths