New Year, New Goals

 Happy January! This happens to be one of my favorite months considering the fact that my birthday is approaching quickly! That’s always exciting! In wake of the New Year, I’m going to be discussing goal setting. Some of you may be familiar with the acronym SMART, but if not it’s an easy way to make your goal setting more realistic. So many times we write down goals and never stick to them. It’s believed that this is because we don’t write down goals with enough detail. For example: lose weight. This gives you no type of extra  detail or information on how you want to do this or how much weight you want to lose. That makes it harder to stick to when you haven’t even outlined the specifics about your goal. An example using the acronym  may look like this. Example: I want to lose 5 pounds by walking 1 mile for 2 weeks. This example tells how many pounds, how long you want this to take, and what you will do to make it happen. I’ve been working on using this acronym for awhile on my personal goals. Goal setting is a continuous process for me so I try to take my time to come up with meaningful goals. I also try to categorize my goals as either long term or short term goals. Below is the acronym. Hopefully this will be helpful with your new goals for the new year. Good luck!

Until Next Time,

Dx3


S- Specific 

M-Measurable 

A-Attainable 

R- Realistic 

T- Timely 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What's Wrong With Black Women?

Back 2 School Expenses You Didn’t Think About

Wavelengths