Shy of 30

 Happy February! Another month into Winter, and another month closer to spring. I’ve been preoccupied with school and family so my blog has took a snag. I was looking into the topic of “toxic positivity” because it’s something I feel is becoming apart of the culture with everyone stressed over the current issues looming over the earth. But I’m taking a different direction because after my recent birthday, I’ve been on a mental exhaustion field trip. I’m burned out, many of my friends are burned out, my spouse is burned out. We’re all on a nonstop trial run of being millennials. Some of us are married, some parents, others dating with the intent to marry, some never wanting marry. We’re at the “prime” of our time and most pressured. We’re in the generation of being too young for the 80’s, nostalgic memories in the 90’s, thriving in the 2000’s. We evolved with the early workings of social media and dominated YouTube when it was user friendly. Back when instagram had little users, and twitter had all of us in twitter jail from having too much fun with trending topics. School years are over for everyone not pursuing secondary education. Parents are aging, nieces and nephews blooming, and new children of the 2020’s are coming into world. Inflation is here, politics are in shambles, and the age of traditionalism is over. New thinkers, new ways to make money, and a constant rat race for social media prevalence has left many of us in a whirlwind of emotions and rushing progression. Too many screens, too many distractions, too many streaming options. Time is speeding up and we’re barely shy of 30.

Until Next Time,

Dx3 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What's Wrong With Black Women?

Back 2 School Expenses You Didn’t Think About

Wavelengths