Trudging Through

    It's been about a month of virtual learning for my household. Every other week is tougher than the other. We get my step daughter every other week and it gives me two children needing to be signed into their virtual classrooms at one time. This has been extremely annoying to say the least. Between my ever changing work schedule and my husband's exhausting over night shift the stress of forcing time to get them logged in is tremendous. I feel that parents who don't have a set working schedule are struggling with this time imposed sanction. Last Spring, we just had assignments that had to be turned in by the end of the day and the teachers had videos recorded for them to look at. I think that this was more considerate for my  kids under the age of 12 rather than having them sitting on a Zoom meeting for an extending time. My pre - schooler is doing well because his teachers have cut their schedule up decently. It's still inconvenient,  due to the fact I'm constantly seeking time to sign him back in when he was just on a few hours ago. My time out of work is consistently interrupted trying to help the kids online and I'm literally not able to run any errands or get cleaning done in a timely manner. In addition to this, my youngest two children are getting the least of my attention due to this chaos. It's difficult caring for my toddler and infant amid this virtual learning time. Not to mention time to cook the meals that I'd like. Allegedly, we will be able to send the children back to school under a revised plan, where they wear masks all day and social distance or wear no mask with no social distancing. I wish the school district would pull their brains together and stop this indecisiveness. School could have started later in the year or asynchronous learning would have been great like last year. I don't care that some children were not completing their work, because that doesn't represent the majority. Also, having children on Zoom all day doesn't mean that the same students that wasn't completing work last year are going to suddenly start doing it this year. All children don't have great home environments and the public school system all ready knows this, However, they are just coming up with all sorts of ideas that don't suite the everyday working parent of 2020.  Hopefully, the smoke will clear soon. I see no difference in our numbers for the virus here in my state last month to right now. Therefore, it makes no sense why suddenly they're telling parents the children may can return to school with no restrictions or possible restrictions. This is really trying my patience at this point. If I can not even leave my residence without a mask on then how in America can my children attend school with the possibility of not needing a face mask? A school board meeting is tomorrow so I'll be spending today gathering my thoughts to chime in on this massive mess involving my county. 

Until Next Time, 

D x 3

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What's Wrong With Black Women?

Back 2 School Expenses You Didn’t Think About

Money Monday 💲💲💲