Sensitivity

     My highly sensitive trait is contributing to my workplace anxiety tremendously. I don't do well when I'm dealing with  unorganized work instructions and add a little bit of thick animosity between co workers, and it's a wrap! I can't function in the midst of drama. It makes me feel angry, nervous, antsy, paranoid, etc. I don't like feeling like I'm thrown into the middle of people problems with one another. I was extremely excited about being at a new job! I've just hit a month and it's officially the end of my reign at this job. I've spent the whole day  in deep reflection about it. I take work extremely serious! No matter what wages I earn, I treat each job the same.  I put my best foot forward, and just do what I know I'm suppose to. However, I don't like when I don't see workplace respect in places I work. I know the work world is cut throat, and it's a place of business but I still expect not to be treated like an inferior worker or witness others being treated that way. Far too many times, I deal with these problems bothering me on a deep level. It angers and saddens me when people think they can talk to hourly employees any way they want because they think their workers are in need of a paycheck that badly. It's like these people forget they are talking to other humans. They just throw their code of ethics out the window.  I'm trying to find some more ways to cope with these uncomfortable situations when I'm faced with them in the moment. Learning deep breathing techniques and learning methods  to have better self control  have been helpful for me so far. It's just so difficult to stay positive in a room full of inflated egos, but I will retreat (what HSPs do best lol) and come up with a revised job search plan.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What's Wrong With Black Women?

Back 2 School Expenses You Didn’t Think About

Money Monday 💲💲💲