Taken Back

My career plan is in retrograde. Owing tuition, fighting for a dignified job in the meantime, studying for the TEAS test, and dealing with a host of rude potential employers with raggedy work conditions awaiting once an orientation is scheduled has me feeling like I CAN'T WIN! I'm at a crossroad and I'm about to make a decision. This year I've prided myself on being "proactive and not reactive." I promised myself I wouldn't fly off the handle no matter what traumatic issues I faced. I'm ready to throw in the towel. I feel like I've push so much to get my pre reqs but yet still I feel stuck. It's nearly impossible to get a job at the hospital at this point and I've had all I can take working in adult assisting living homes. It's not the pay but it's about not having adequate clinical experience. When I took my CNA II class, I was so inexperienced at patient care (relating to hospital concepts)  I'm considering going back to the drawing board. Work a basic job and continue my journey of financial literacy. Work on some more goals and do ample research on some new school programs. Truthfully, I think I need to start over and have a fresh start. The amount of burnout and trauma I've exposed myself to  working as a CNA has been disheartening. I wanted things to work out. My compassion for taking care of people always triumphs my ability to take care of myself. I become so invested in these jobs and helping the people that live in these places.  I have seen 17 hour shifts multiple nights a week and low wage is an understatement. I have worked in pure filth and  I think my biology career and nursing career has become  deferred dreams. We all have different paths we are meant to fulfil. It takes courage to chase your dreams and courage to chase new ones that are more suitable to who you become. 

Until Next Time,

Dx3

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What's Wrong With Black Women?

Back 2 School Expenses You Didn’t Think About

Money Monday 💲💲💲