Reflection pt. 1

Happy December! It's truly flying by and 2021 is almost here! I've spent the last few weeks working like crazy, doing virtual learning with my kids, and reflecting on the year. I've learned a lot this year. It's been a testing year for many. For me it's been a year full of accomplishments, trials,  laughter, tears, reconciliation, etc. I'm happy to be finishing this year with a hospital work position,  another education certificate, a newborn that completed my family perfectly, the release of my first book, a new boutique with my spouse, a little savings, and good health. I've learned a lot during 2020 and I plan on utilizing  this info as I progress. I learned that by being "proactive" and  not "reactive I did indeed get a lot further in my personal relationships and my professional life. I got this concept from the book, "7 Habits of a Highly Effective Person." I'm emotional by nature and it's extremely easy for me to react to every little thing. I made a conscious effort to stop and think before I spoke or took action. I wrote a list of goals and affirmations down taping them across one full wall in my bedroom. I wanted to have everything in my head out on paper, so I wrote out encouraging scriptures and educational notes I took on finances, time management, mental health, and I studied the content on my wall everyday. Constantly, reminding myself that this is what I'm suppose to be doing and living out everyday. I learned that household items don't need to bought in bulk sometimes but as much as possible. I need to have essentials on hand. Diapers, wipes, soaps, cleaning materials, detergents, and TISSUE. The pandemic really affected these things and I promise I was less stressed during my infant first few months because I had stocked up on diapers and wipes when the stores in my city were dealing with shortages. Having things stocked up does cost more money up front but overall it'll save you in the long run. It's hard to save money and have it in your pocket when your expenses are up and non- stop. However, saving has to become a priority in life! It's okay to start off super slow and small. It's also okay to mess up before you're successful. My husband and I first started saving change. Instead of spending it or leaving it building up in a cupholder in the car we started saving it and cashing it in every time it was $20. We did this years ago and continue to be able to save change easily now. Once we even were able to buy a new tv from saving change. We are everyday working people, if it was achievable for us it's possible for you. Just be patient with yourself and make putting a small amount of money away important. I'll speak more on the importance of learning saving practices in my next  reflection  post. 

Until Next Time,

D x 3

Comments

  1. 2020 was definitely a trying year. Congratulations on all your beautiful accomplishments! I definitely agree to focus more on being PROACTIVE & NOT reactive & practicing patience with myself. I believe this year has really grounded us & set a foundation for all that’s to come!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Amen!!!! This year has made us stronger, God knows what he's doing!!!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

What's Wrong With Black Women?

Back 2 School Expenses You Didn’t Think About

Money Monday 💲💲💲