Prep Pressure

 


Things are hectic lately! I have so many responsibilities piling up! I'm trying to  become more organized. Having a large family size comes with a lot of schedules to accommodate. I've been looking at meal prepping ideas for awhile. With us being so busy it's not always possible for me to cook a full course meal in a timely manner. I also tend to get tired of fast food. I can't eat fast food a lot. I'm really accustomed to cooking and eating full meals. Fixing food in advance will help me make less trips to fast food restaurants. Some benefits I read about is that food prepping will result in a quicker trip to the store, less card swiping, and even less overeating. So I finally gave this a shot! 

 THE RESULTS

My trip to the store was maybe 20 minutes shorter. I spent about $90 and was able to make about 9 meals. So I guess I spent about $10 per meal. This is good because my husband and I usually spend about $10 per combo plus whatever my kids will order when eating fast food. I made things like pasta dishes, fish meals, burgers, etc.  I tried to buy anything I know my family will buy during the week.  I must admit this was extremely exhausting!!!! I spent my whole day preparing meals. It was like cooking for Thanksgiving early. However, I'm locked in 12 hr shifts right now so I know this will save me from overworking myself once I'm off. My husband will also  have food already prepared and not have to worry about cooking, getting ready for work, cooking for our youngest daughters, and keep  up with our son school schedule. So hopefully we'll reap some benefits from trying this. Already, I'm relieved about going in my kitchen being able to eat immediately opposed to starting at thawing meat out. I'm going to track my progress for 30 days and see how things work out.

Until Next Time, 

D×3

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What's Wrong With Black Women?

Back 2 School Expenses You Didn’t Think About

Money Monday πŸ’²πŸ’²πŸ’²