Are You Emotionally Bound?

    May is here! Hope everyone is enjoying Spring time! The bees and wild life are certainly enjoying it in my town. My allergies are not enjoying it as much if I must admit. I've been doing better. I've been regenerating my energy and prioritizing my sleep schedule. Today, my phone was on autoplay and played an interview with Iyanla Vanzant on BreakfastClub. I hadn't intended on listening to it but my hands were wet from washing dishes and I let it play. I ended up enjoying it! It talked a lot about healing and taking proactive steps towards being wholesome. I resonated with it because lately I found myself falling prey to old patterns of anger and allowing people and circumstances to cause me to not exercise my self control like I'd like. I'm a firm believer of working on myself and I was a bit upset at myself for allowing people to upset my positive energy flow. It just made me think recently am I really emotionally in control or am I in emotional bondage? I've been praying about this continually and I found a few things online incase you find yourself fighting emotional strongholds as well.  So the most common first step to being emotionally free is identifying your triggers. I know it’s common for people to say they don’t know what triggers them but it’s imperative to figure it out. Try to think of anytime you got upset with someone and try to see if the reason is a recurring issue for you. You have to figure out what ticks you off and how you respond when you deal with these issues. After you have this down to a science, the next common step is to not allow negative thoughts to persuade you. So many times we can think of things we really want to go after but we let negative self doubt creep in. For this reason, I rarely tell others what I’m working on if they’re not positive people because the moment you say you’re going after something they’ll shoot your idea down. Sometimes all it takes is one doubter to rain on your parade and scare you out of pursuing your goals. One of the last things I found relating to emotional freedom that I think is worth mentioning is, we have to protect our energy and fill our lives with positivity. We have all heard the saying that “you’ll reap what you sow.” It’s true that if you fill yourself up with negativity and you dwell on subjects that stress you out and make you upset then you’re not going to magically feel better in the end. If you constantly work to stop negative thoughts from controlling you, stop being around others who don’t have your best interest at heart, and uplift yourself with things that make you feel good then you’ll be on your way. I don’t think anyone is perfect, but nothing’s wrong with working on yourself and improving areas that you feel hold you back from your God given potential. 

Until Next Time,
Dx3

Sources: 

Psychologytoday.com
Oprah.com





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What's Wrong With Black Women?

Back 2 School Expenses You Didn’t Think About

Money Monday 💲💲💲