Misunderstood: HSP Overload

Hope April's been going well for everyone. This month has been busy for me and I haven't been able to post like I'd like.  Its been awhile since I’ve talked about being a HSP (Highly Sensitive Person). But right now feels more dire than ever. Honestly, I don’t talk much about it because I feel like most people have no idea what you’re talking about nor do they care about how they make you feel. I’m honestly tired of being so affected by stuff . Literally, it’s draining me to be impacted by every single thing that happens in my day. On the other hand, I'm not one to like being a "victim" so it's hard to open up about stuff. If you don't know what a HSP is, it's a personality trait that causes you to be more responsive to your environment. This can cause a range of emotions, sometimes good or sometimes bad. You're more sensitive to sound, imagery, social environments, and sometimes can feel drained easily and need to retreat. Right now, I've been retreating. I've been under a great deal of stress. I often push myself passed my limits and often let other people emotions bring me down. People are like elevators, right? I guess this couldn't be more true as a HSP. I hate drama, it's unnecessary and a waste of valuable time. This month for me has been filled with people trying to force it in my life. Sometimes you have to set boundaries! I've been working on setting a few new ones because no matter how many you set, there's someone bound to try to break one. It's not all bad being highly sensitive though. I tend to love helping others and advocating for people. My compassion keeps me going day in and day out. I love tackling my problems head on and trying to be a better version of myself everyday! That better version of myself will need more SELF CARE! I'm notorious for putting myself at the bottom of my list everyday and I have to stop doing that. As a HSP, this will doom me mentally. Even non- HSP's need SELF CARE. It's a good way to recharge and refuel yourself in a world ever so changing. I admit I don't indulge in my self care activities like I should. I'm actively working on it and on being in control of my emotional state. Overall, April hasn't been too bad for me and I'm looking forward to what's to come in May! Take some time to catch up on your self care routine or create one. See you next month!

Until Next Time,

Dx3 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What's Wrong With Black Women?

Back 2 School Expenses You Didn’t Think About

Money Monday 💲💲💲