Winded

Happy July, hope it's been going well for everyone! I've been suffocating behind my face masks trying to finish up my CNA II class. A CNA II is a certified nursing assistant that has more responsibilities than a CNA I relating to patient care. I'm trying to bulldoze my way through this course with hopes of landing a hospital job on the birthing unit floor. Truthfully, any job as a CNA II will be a breakthrough for me. I've seen some ugly days as a CNA I and also working as Personal Care Aid before my certification. By ugly I'm not describing the job itself, but that "weird" part of healthcare where you realize GOOD health insurance matters !!! Long hours, extremely low pay, barely hanging on facilities, and shortened staff are a few  familiar conditions for me.  CNA II 's are still subject to CNA I duties, but it comes with a pay increase, more places to work at, and useful nursing skills that'll be good for a nursing program. I've already heard many hospital horror stories 😧 but my love for helping others propels me forward. I have a couple more weeks left to go, but the Corona Virus is still lurking around so our clinical portion is in the air. I need the experience but this virus has caused places to put strict restrictions in place at all facilities. The skills are much more complex than my CNA I skills. I went from properly learning how to walk with someone with a gait belt to suctioning a tracheostomy. I've been studying profusely though because I need this as another step towards my nursing career. We'll do a simulation lab though for clinicals if we can't go in a facility.  I'm done babbling though, have to go finish some reading on IV therapy.
Until Next Time, 
*D❌3*

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What's Wrong With Black Women?

Back 2 School Expenses You Didn’t Think About

Money Monday 💲💲💲