Resetting

Took a week off from media outlet information. I did a full cleanse from my favorite gossip YouTube channels, radiobroadcasts, news, and news article updates that explode my notifications daily. Really felt as if I needed to cleanse my thoughts and reset mentally. NC mandated for masks to be worn 24/7 due to the numbers increasing of virus cases. Truthfully, when nothing's closed and no vaccines have been concocted the numbers will continue to rise. I'm tired of masks though. Especially, since technically we need N-95 masks for airborne precautions. But I trudged through the stores with my black lives matter mask, perfect for today's racial climate. I'm sick of racism to the bottom of my core! No matter how many cinematic slave movies I skip, police brutality videos I no longer watch, and racial undertones I force myself to ignore, these social injustices haunt my mental mindset. This past weekend did nothing more than increase my mental anguish. My husband and I have been continuing our boutique business at our local flea market. Things had been tense all day on Saturday. Staff members at the flea market hounding shoppers about face masks. Vendors even complained about their aggression and I witnessed a few vendors being harassed over face masks also. By the end of the day we had a noise complaint from one of the staff members for edited multicultural  music played at the same level every weekend, but I digress. Anyway, on Sunday my family woke me up panicking about a video surfacing online of an officer using excessive force at the flea market with a customer over a mask. My heart sank and verbal and physical protests followed the social media outrage from the public all day. The traffic was down a bit from the commotion and the whole day was filled with commentary about the video. We left early ready to go home and find peace relaxing on our cool gel filled mattress. But as we're walking to the car and I'm enjoying my cookies and cream cup of ice cream my husband treated me to I hear an extremely sarcastic unsympathetic," But don't all lives matter though, like what?" 

Comments

  1. Yet another great post! I love your blog. It’s so insightful and down to earth. I am sorry about your rough day! Don’t let this crazy world dim your light.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks love this world is going to 🤬

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

What's Wrong With Black Women?

Back 2 School Expenses You Didn’t Think About

Money Monday 💲💲💲