Finally! Restaurant Made Pasta Right at Home!

 



So I don’t have too many recipes on here, but I was really excited about the results I got when I made a change to how I make my chicken and shrimp fettuccine.  It made me reminiscent of the taste of fettuccine when I go out to restaurants. Well, I’ll jump right to it! 

Ingredients:

Boneless Chicken Breasts

Cooked or Raw Shrimp

1 lb Box of fettuccine pasta (serves about 8)

1 Carton of Heavy Cream

Unsalted Butter

Extra Virgin Olive Oil

Your choice of seasoning 

My choice of seasonings if you’re curious: Garlic Powder, Ranch Seasoning, Onion Powder, and  Lawrys Seasoning Salt

Directions:

1.) Boil water  and then drop the fettuccine pasta into the pot stirring frequently until the pasta softens. Drain and just sit to the side.(leave a small amount of water so noodles don’t stick together).

2.)  Clean shrimp and chicken separately and place in two different pans.

3.) Season the shrimp with a seasoning of your choice and add your preferable amount of butter, stir frequently, letting the shrimp cook until your desired texture. I prefer mine to be a medium shade of pink, not too light, not too dark. Just sit to the side when done.

4.) Once you season your chicken with a seasoning of your choice, start cooking in a pan. Add a small amount of extra virgin olive oil to the pan. No more than 2 lids(the top on the olive oil container can work) As the chicken browns, add in about a cup in a half of heavy cream, then add about 2/4 of unsalted butter. Let it come to a slight boil as the sauce thickens and then turn heat to low until it’s thickened to your likeness. Don’t let it all boil too far down, you can add water as needed to keep it from boiling too low or you add more heavy cream. Once it’s finished and as thick you’d like you can add your pasta to this pan and shrimp. This is a great time to add some seasoning salt to the pasta. Stir everything together and then remove your chicken breasts and slice them in strips, putting them across the top and serve.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What's Wrong With Black Women?

Back 2 School Expenses You Didn’t Think About

Wavelengths