A Look Back: How my first semester of college went.

 Hectic, hectic, hectic!!!!! It’s pretty much over now!!!! I pretty much have 3 main assignments to turn in and I can enjoy my brain having idle time for a couple of weeks before it’s time for my fall semester. Going to school showed me that I’m definitely  a busy mom! It’s been tough on my self discipline. Putting my phone away and focusing. Not diving into the comment sections of my favorite YouTube videos, not being able to catch up with my friends on FaceTime, and having to wait a little longer than everyone else in the house to relax because I’m still studying. It’s been a great experience though and confidence  booster. I’ve been through a lot to enroll in school all these years. I’m glad the Lord made a way and it’s been on the up and up! My grades are awesome. I’d be lying though if I said I didn’t work as hard as I could to make it happen. I had to challenge myself to commit  to time management and doing research on how other adults made it work. The research is pretty subjective, but it’s worth looking into until you figure out what works. What has worked for me? Making a schedule to work on each class for only a certain amount of time, pushing less important assignments back to focus more on other ones, writing notes when I read and reviewing them frequently. Doing those pesky little question sections all textbooks have and taking the practice tests in the textbook have helped me tremendously. Reviewing lectures also has been a lifeline! I have always seen teachers pull exact questions from those practice tests. I’m excited that I’ve actually made it through without needing to withdraw due to life emergencies. Please, try it again if you’ve been considering furthering your education. There’s all types of certifications and licenses that don’t take long to get. Make a plan, stick to the plan, and be patient for the results! 

Until Next Time, 

D x 3

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What's Wrong With Black Women?

Back 2 School Expenses You Didn’t Think About

Money Monday 💲💲💲