Summer Plans

    Hope everyone's June has been wonderful! Mine has and it's truly been flying by! I've been blasting through my summer semester and trying to give my children a fun summer without overspending. Needless to say, we've been taking advantage of the parks and walking trails. We've been coloring and working on educational goals. My little boy will be officially starting kindergarten and I've been making sure he's fully prepared. Sight words, improving handwriting, and learning how to tie his shoes has been on our radar. One of my daughters will be going to pre-k and I've been busy preparing her as well. She's been learning how to write and spell her name. I want to encourage everyone to still have their children active with their education this summer. It keeps the kids busy and gives them the opportunity to be caught up or ahead once back in school. Make it fun! Give them dance breaks! Pull out some old fashioned card games like, Go Fish or Old Maid. You could never go wrong with the board game Candy Land. Find their favorite character themed puzzles to do together There's plenty to do with your kids if you can carve out the time. If you live near a library, they offer lots of summer activities-even though I know some are virtual right now. My kids join in on a virtual story time every week and they really enjoy that! Also, now is a great time to check for local movies playing at discounted prices for the summer. Summer is a great time to even catch up on bonding with your children. It's been rough for everyone lately, and all children love basking in their parent's attention! Summer will be over before you know it, if you can't vacation yet then find other ways to relax and enjoy this time of great weather while it's here!

Until Next Time,

Dx3

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What's Wrong With Black Women?

Back 2 School Expenses You Didn’t Think About

6 Places I Have To Go In 2021